Tuesday, February 22, 2011

collaboration and gratitude

i've just hit the send button. there's no turning back. what i sent was the review form and accompanying documents for next week's postgrad review. in the morning both of my supervisors will discover that i no longer want them. i feel a little bit nervous and a little bit mean. i read those words on those documents so many times that they no longer make sense to me. today was lost to writing 2000 words.

word of the day: collaboration.

i asked a bunch of postgrad and academic friends to help me out, and five lovely people gave up portions of their day to read over my documents and give detailed feedback. these are friends who know of my situation. i'm glad i did this as i think my case is much stronger now.

feeling of the day: gratitude.

now it's very late and tomorrow i have an early start. all those other emails didn't get sent. nor did i do anything other than read and edit those 2000 words, over and over, morning til morning. tomorrow is for doing other stuff. and tomorrow is looking pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment