Wednesday, October 8, 2008

close to away

this time next week... i don't know where i'll be. singapore? paris? somewhere above the indian ocean?

i won't be here though.

i'm starting to feel it. somewhat excited, somewhat scared. at the moment the cup is half full.

housemate just assured me that 6 weeks will pass quickly and that i'll meet a lot of people because i'm traveling alone. that was comforting. i've been a little concerned about getting lonely. but yeah, i will make friends. it's what i do here, so why not there? though i don't wanna make friends with english speaking tourists, so will have to get a better handle on the language so i can befriend some french types.

i think that the people around me are more excited than i am. they want to be me. and sometimes i feel like handing over my ticket. not that i have an actual ticket that i can hold in my hand. maybe if i did, i'd be holding it right now, and getting excited.

my godmother rang last night to have a chat before i left. i haven't spoken to her in years, it seems. she warned me about being ripped off by shopkeepers, like she was in italy. she told me how she bought red glassware, but they wrapped up the cheap green stuff. so she went back and said "i didn't fuckin buy this".

it was nice to speak to her. she asked if mark was going as well. that was nice too, as i've never spoken to her about mark before. but she knows cos she's close to mum. and she's cool. and she says fuck (unlike my mum).

No comments:

Post a Comment