Saturday, May 29, 2010

the quiet room

my day was going well, and then, sitting on the bed, i dragged my computer over my lap, forgetting the hard drive was plugged in, and watched it, or rather heard it, fall to the floor. and now it's not working. my day is no longer working.

it shouldn't matter, i know. all my files on there were back-ups. except for the 12000 or so music files. i still have them on ipod, and a few (but not many) on cd. but that's different. the thought of not having that on hand is quite distressing. it shouldn't be. there's records and cds and other ways to hear music. but this is most definitely an amputation.

it shouldn't matter, but it does. it really does. and now i'm going to go to glebe (in the rain) in the hope that someone can salvage it. i'm hesitant though, because maybe the news will be bad.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I do it frequently too. If it's any consolation, I was told at uni the other day that clumsyness is hot. Therefore you and I must sizzle. Oh, and let me know if you'd like me to send a data disk. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, i think i might take you up on that offer. i'll do a stocktake in the next week or so and let you know. not sure about clumsiness being hot. i mean, i'd like to think so. but it's not something i'm attracted to. well, not yet i spose. x

    ReplyDelete