Friday, May 14, 2010

more dead kennedys, more vinyl, less red wine

i drank red wine three nights in a row. not a lot, but some. and maybe that's bad. i have a hunch that it makes me emotional and stupid. or maybe i just use it to allow myself to believe that i'm not typically emotional and stupid.

on the 3rd night, last night, he canceled our plans for tonight. he said it's been a full on week, so postponed until mid next week. i was sad. i suspect he's freaking out. it has been a bit full on between us (though i don't know if he meant this). anyway, i like full on. and it doesn't pay to speculate too much, just to know that this is okay. and it is. but last night, when i felt like a sad, pathetic loser, i had to blame the red wine.

my rocketing studies have crashed once again. i've been sorting itunes, downloading music, fantasising about chris lowe, and today, jello biafra. today's youtube theme was dead kennedys. how can i not want his flailing arms around me?

i've also re-discovered the joys of ebay. and all things going well, tonight i will own this (on vinyl):

as well as this:
and then my life will be sorted and i probably won't have to leave the house. ever.

oh, and i also purchased a picture disc 7" of bananarama's shy boy. this does make me very happy. and OMG, i just looked for an image and discovered this! i don't understand. how do they work? how can they work? all i know is I WANT THEM!

3 comments:

  1. oh my the bruce cover takes me straight back to my parents' record collection. they have that album on vinyl, and man did it get played a lot on the weekends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm coming home right now to listen to bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh... bruce brings families together! let's see if you can get here before bruce, jessie.

    ReplyDelete