Tuesday, March 2, 2010

whose problem am i?



i suspect that i always find resonance in song lyrics because i'm always looking to validate and clarify the way i feel. the lyrics find me and take hold and i sink my teeth around them. i participate in a re-writing of self through words penned elsewhere. re-writing the song that sings to me. it becomes my own and it plays real (and) loud.

i still carry a mist of being 'broken up'. i've said much about this situation but nothing as vivid as this song. whose problem am i if i'm not his?

the post-battle blues. the knowing that you're better off now but being disgruntled with having to focus more squarely on your self. nobody's problem but my own. and now, a realisation that this 'adjusting' is some sort of re-responsibilisation. learning not to always blame the other person is easier when there is no other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment