Friday, December 19, 2008

playlisting

amplified xmas carols are fading in and out, wafting through the bedroom window. it's quiet. am alone. mark is at work xmas drinks. i'm waking from a nap. still feeling the pinch of hangover.

too many beers were had last night. quiet drinks became trashy night. i was the only one who didn't have to work today. though i was up before 8, in the ocean by 9. that was nice. it cured me, briefly.

then it was more coffee, food, and catching up with friends. when carly left at 3 i returned to being tired, queasy, blah. so i finished my online 80s lyrics quiz. then i listened to smog. then i went to bed.

now i listen to lastfm. and i'm wondering why it's taken me so long to embrace this. it's lazy playlisting. it's finding new music. it's putting already favourite music up against each other.

yet new music is also complicating my life, as my ipod is full. i've exceeded 30GB. i have to remove music in order to add music. i don't enjoy making such choices, limiting my catalogue. so it seems an upgrade is likely to happen.

i hate xmas carols. i wish mark would come home. i'm thinking about how my sister will insist on playing xmas carols on xmas day.

my computer has frozen 3 times while writing this. perhaps lastfm is not so great after all. or maybe it's just my piece-of-shit computer.

time to get up and make some noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment