Friday, April 15, 2011

all i want for my birthday is a boyfriend

2011 is my year of over-commitment. it's also my year of the art project. i just committed to another that will happen in less than 2 weeks. so once i write a lecture, mark a bunch of essays, and re-write that thesis chapter (fuck!), i will have a birthday project to attend.

my project involves recruiting a boyfriend for 24 hours, that is, for my birthday. my project begins with pretending that all i want for my birthday is a boyfriend, and surprise! there he is. his name is daniel. he'll arrive on a train from interstate. we've not seen each other before, only in photos. we're friends on facebook though :p

we'll have to do all those things you do when you're boyfriends. dinner, romance, etc. and then we'll break up the next day. hopefully it'll be a respectful parting, and we'll have just 'drifted' or something like that. i hope we can still be friends. i hope there's no tears this time round.

part of this is about moving away from last year's birthday, when N didn't take me to dinner (i was left alone and i cried). last year was pathetic, but this year will be fun. my boyfriend will take good care of me. he'll sleep in my bed, spend time in my home, and just 'be there' for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment