Saturday, December 19, 2009

"just wait til tomorrow / i guess that's what they all say"

I've decided that my song for 2009 is Regret - New Order.

Last night I deleted him from my FB friends list. This morning I wrote in my diary and cried. Then I walked to Bourke St Bakery, listening to Bananarama, and bought myself coffee, a dark chocolate and raspberry muffin and a loaf of sourdough. I ate my sweet treat in the park, with coffee, and a book. I enjoyed the open space, the air, the bird songs, the movement of people and traffic. And reading my book. I felt a bit more connected to the world out there.

I realise I'm experiencing grief. I realise this is necessary. I realise that it will pass. But until then I will try to be okay with my sadness and not be too hard on myself.

I realise that this may read like a dodgy self-help 'healing' narrative. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment