Wednesday, July 4, 2012

the last three paragraphs

[...]

Last night we’re jumping between French and English. It seems we now have rules. If one says something in French, the other will respond in French, and this will continue until we hit a wall and have to explain something in English. You’re a brilliant teacher, patient and proud. This is another reason you’ll be missed.

I’ll learn French for you. One day we can talk differently and I’ll not have to say ‘quoi?’

You told me what to say when I go to the phone shop, and how to ask for credit. I have little recollection of these words, but I must go there this morning. You offered to come with me, but I know you’re busy, and I know it’s best for me to do these things alone. But my head is still throbbing, so I think I’ll wait a little longer. I just can’t text M back, I suppose, but that’s okay. I don’t even know if I want to see him. I don’t know much about anything, right now. I know I’m hungry and in need of coffee. I know I’d like croissants, but that would require me leaving the apartment. I know that this won’t happen. Stale brioche will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment