Friday, October 14, 2011

i wanna be your man



he has the same name as another who left me beside myself. but this time it's different.

he drinks the riesling and i drink the beer that comes in a bottle in a paper bag. it's a small bar with graffiti on the walls. it's sydney being melbourne. nothing fits, including us. for most of the night we're outside in the rain, barely protected by the umbrellas above. but that's okay. i slide into his stories and they keep me warm. later, a guy offers to find us seats inside. he puts us in the hallway, on small stools beside a trunk that holds a mirror and some candles. we feel like this is a bathroom. a traffic of people passing, but mostly i don't notice. i'm somewhere else. surrounded by chalkboards, we add to the graffiti. i tell him my mother's name and he writes it up.

in the hallway/bathroom alcove we eventually kiss. we kiss some more. i never imagined...

eventually we tumble onto the street. we stand next to his bike and he gives me his number. another kiss and then a goodbye.

i plug myself into music and walk the walk home. the saints. this is the sound of me walking king street on a particularly pleasant evening. it rains but i don't use my umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment