Saturday, September 17, 2011

freedom

this morning i read a book. before i got out of bed and started the day, i flicked through a hundred pages or so. it was a nice way to start my weekend. because now i've many new phrases and sentiments to return to throughout the weekend. Like this:

"Once upon a time I was always talking of freedom. At breakfast I used to spread it on my toast, I used to chew it all day long, and in company my breath was delightfully redolent of freedom. With that keyword I would bludgeon whoever contradicted me; I made it serve my desires and my power" (Camus, The Fall, p97 of my copy).

Now the sun is shining. I just ate some bread with rosemary and potato in it. Prior to that I swam some laps. Prior to that I worked on chapter 5. now i'm going to wonder down the road for coffee and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment