Thursday, February 18, 2010

quiet, sleepy

sitting today at my desk in a new (postgrad) space, but one that houses about 8 desks instead of 40-something. it's empty of people now, except me. there's no aircon, but the open windows bring sounds of people outside.

there's a long, dark, too-wide hallway between me and the kitchen. walls are red. it was a journey to go and make this coffee.

i'm slightly basking in the afterglow of finishing my lit review task yesterday, but also slightly melancholic, probably due to my tiredness. i want to go and see bowie films tonight, but maybe it ain't gonna happen. the coffee has not woken me. choosing these words is not easy. maybe i just need to sleep. a bath. a novel.

i need to phone that person to tell her we gave the room to someone else. but i can't be arsed. i looked on facebook to see who might be up for bowie, but that made me grumpy. too many people putting on their shows. too much noise. shut the fuck up.

and i feel in need of company from people who don't live in my city. wanting the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment