Sunday, September 14, 2008

a waltz, a dance, and a loaf of bread

why did i ask that my blog address be published next to my name on a festival program that's also online? that was so stupid. i'm now concerned that certain people (those who may not get it) may discover this version of me. including people i've written about. oh what price fame?

please read the sarcasm in that last sentence. but yeah, i'm concerned that complications may arise if people do find me here. i've been found in the past. anonymity is not really an option these days. or it is, but i'm not clever enough to maintain it. and most people are so fucking precious about needing to be loved and therefore take offense at discovering non-lovely observations about them. i know i am.

i'm lying on bed in a singlet and jeans. a singlet! it's been balmy and stormy. but my eyes still itch. i'm thinking of taking a nap, even though it's kinda late for nap-taking. it's that or write my research proposal, so a nap is the easy option. lest i start thinking about the other option to the point that i can't sleep.

nice weekend. i danced last night in a basement with lots of lovely boys and girls, including mark. and wendy james was my dj.

possibly my favourite thing of yesterday was being handed a free loaf of sourdough bread out the door of the already-closed bourke street bakery. an outstretched arm offering bread: a beautiful gesture.

the other highlight was seeing waltz with bashir. my new best film of the year. i struggle to find words to speak of it. other than "see it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment